Pattern (link): Kids' cardigan


It took some time, but it was worth it! The pattern for this cute cardigan by Vendula Maderska is available for free and it's not that difficult to make (except you have to redo 1.5 sleeves just like me...).
And the cardigan can be used both winter and summer.

As said the pattern is available for free. There are two sizes (3 yrs and 5 yrs) included. I made the larger one.




I used 250g white and 50+g of turquoise and pink. Altogether I used 9 balls of yarn (cotton sport) and 4 buttons.


The button hole I made differently, I work a chain 3 from one scallop to the next where it was needed.


For the sleeves I made twice the right pattern (with the holes) in different colors.



I couldn't find an applique I liked for the cardigan, so I made up my own :-) I will publish the pattern soon, I have to make step by step pictures before. I hope I can recall the steps ^^
The colors are similar, it's a lighter turquoise and a darker pink. Originally I wanted to make the cardigan using these colors but the shades weren't aviable anymore.


The cardigan is still a little to large, but it's ok. That way she can use it next year as well.  :-)





hooky hugs!




2 comments:

  1. WOW, you did great job!:-) Thank you very much for using my pattern:-) I am so happy to see , how the pattern came alive and you little one look - oh so sweet!:-)
    Yours,
    Vendula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much! your patterns are all so beautiful!

      Delete

 

Blogger - Abo

Email - subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow me