Little Owl-Purses for little Ladies


Some time ago my daughter and I were invited to a birthdayparty of 4 of her Kindergarten friends. Fortunatelly I was having a vacation and I wanted to create something colorful to thwart the grey days of winter.






I picked this colorful pattern. Unfortunatelly I didn't manage to make the birdie correctly, so I decided to make these owls instead. Additionally I created some owl bead-pendants, you will find the instruction in the tutorial section.


For the purses I used:
  • Yarn (cotton) Sport in 4 different colors/purse 
  • 4,0mm hook
  • Yarn (cotton) worsted weight white for the handle
  • glassbeads, buttons


for the owls:
  • Yarn (cotton) Sport and Fingerring
  • 3,0mm hook
  • glassbeads and sequins


for the pendants:
  • threads in matching colors
  • glass- and wooden beads
  • thin white thread for threading the owls
  • beading needle (?)
  • Yarn (cotton) worsted weight white


I made the purses according to the pattern, I decided to make the handles longer, so that the girls would be able to wear on the sholder. For this I made a 80cm chain and hdc all the way back. I weaved in two threads and fixed them in order to keep the handle tight.



To attach the pendants I simply made a chain and hung it around the handle.


 Added a cute matching button.


Of course I also made one for my daughter. She was allowed to pick her favorite color and chose the yellow.
Her friends were really happy about their gifts and brought them to Kindergarten the next day :-)






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger - Abo

Email - subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow me